Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chocolate Indulgence.

I was shopping in ION's ThreeSixty Marketplace when I came across Valrhona store in it. It got me totally psyche since you really can't find this brand in any supermarket and I know that it is one of the really yummy yummy really good chocolate brands. They are great to make desserts with or just to eat of the bar.

Within a few seconds, I knew I just HAD to get a bar from there even though I was suppose to be saving money. I was attended by this very knowledgeable and delightful retail sales assistant who was a complete darl. He let me try a few samples and whatever he suggested I liked it a lot. Then again, it could be just that the chocolate is really amazing. :D

After at least 15 minutes or so, I finally settled on one of their three vintage 2009 bar. According to the sales assistant, you have to wait till the end of 2010 to get these premium bars which uses cocoa from the best cocoa plantation (Venezuela, Madagascar and Caribbean) and during the best seasons (which is apparently from September to October).

Guess which cocoa plantation did I pick?


Venezuela! I think I watched too much of "Willie's Chocolate Revolution". :D













It really wasn't kidding when it mentioned that it has "notes of honey and nuts". The distinctive nutty flavor of cocoa, especially when the percentage of cocoa increases, hits you when you take your first bite. Then slowly, the sweet honey taste delicately seeps in and seems to be dancing in your mouth. It isn't overwhelming but very well balanced and well-rounded.

The amazing thing is: it honestly taste like honey but honey is not added into the chocolate! It couldn't have been added in since honey would make the chocolate sticky and this chocolate is anything but sticky.

Really great chocolate, I love it so much!!!

I think I would go back for the Madagascar bar. I tried it at the store and it has a really strong nutty roasted taste and a very very subtle citric notes. It is really full-flavoured, intense and wonderfully warm.

You guys have to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails