Friday, November 20, 2009

Eighteen Chefs

3 Simei Street 6, Eastpoint Mall, #01-36, Singapore 528833

This was where Sheila and I were yesterday. We traveled really far but it was all worth it. (:

The menu was interesting, you get to custom make your pasta or baked rice. You can even have your pasta cheese baked, a plus for cheese lovers. (:

My Seafood Aglio Olio! It was very spicy. :D




Sheila's custom-made Chicken Carbonara




Our shared bolognaise fries! It was super sinful but really yummy! (:



I got a complementary chocolate chip ice cream! (: I was too exciting and happy about it that I kind of just dug in without taking a photo of it. :D

It was a great place and the food is totally affordable. My only regret was I didn't get to try their chili crab special but this gives me yet another reason to go back. Apparently, if you want to try their specialty, they only serve it on Wednesdays, you have to make a reservation.

The restaurant was started by Benny who was trained at Jamie Oliver's "Fifteen Restaurant" which is a great well known social enterprise. Benny himself is set on helping ex-convicts, giving them a second chance at life. What I find fascinating was how God helped him get over his addiction to Heroin and showers him with sufficient grace to help others.

Most importantly, the food is genuinely great and the place is halal!

Can't wait to go eat there again! (:

1 comment:

  1. So you went all the way to Simei and didn't bother to invite the guy who lived in Tampines?Haha, yeah the food's there is great. :)

    -Zul

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails