Monday, December 7, 2009

Da Paolo: IL Giardino

I know I haven't updated in a long long while. I really wanted to update but last week was a crazy week. I was still sick and had to do an event and had tons of work not done.

Anyway, get ready for yummy Italian food!!

Da Paolo, Il Giardino, 501 Bukit Timah Road #01-05

"Tagliatelle al Granchio 26
Home made egg pasta with crabmeat, tomatoes, cream and vodka"

This is my absolute favourite! The texture of this is just so smooth and it has this creamy taste that isn't too heavy and just enough to keep you wanting more rather than getting sick of it. Plus, the vodka made it so much more addictive because somehow, the alcohol makes the pasta absorb the flavour fully and blends the taste of it all in perfect harmony. It's just heaven. (:


"Tagliatelle Verdi con Dadolata di Gamberi e Cappesante 26
Home made spinach pasta with ragout of prawns and scallops, cream, chopped
tomatoes and saffron"

This was something new. I didn't like it as much as the Granchio though, the ingredients and the pasta didn't blend as well. It was a bit heavy on the cream so small portions rather than finishing the whole plate would let you appreciate it a little more.

"Salmone, Funghi e Pesto 20
Pizza with tomato, mozzarella, smoked salmon, mushrooms and pesto"

This was yummy but it is really really strong on the flavour of the smoked salmon. For those who don't like flavours too strong, a little parmesan cheese will make it better. (:

DESSERTS! :D I love desserts!!! Unfortunately, you really don't get good desserts in Singapore. This one is pretty yummy, really sinful and sweet though.

"Tortino Caldo al Cioccolato 16
Hot chocolate lava cake with sautéed strawberries and vanilla ice cream"

The lava cake was really dense and thick. The chocolate that woozed out was a little more burnt than I liked but it does leaves you wanting for more.


My camera was on MF and I didn't know so all my pictures looked horrible. I was pretty upset about it since it was a night of good food and company.

This gives me an excuse to go back though. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails