Saturday, December 19, 2009

Picnic!

I met up with a bunch of my most darling friends and we had a picnic together at Botanical Garden. (:

We had such a good time! The weather was great despite the rain in the morning. There was only a little small sprinkle of rain and it was pretty cooling. Plus the food was so good and the company was fabulous. (:

I made Rasperry Chocolate Pavlova and an antioxidant fruit salad. Both are Nigella's recipes. For those who know me, you will know that I ADORE Nigella. She is totally my "sifu" (master in Chinese)!




Where we sat (Swan Lake Garden). I love the pavilion.

The spread!



My lovely Raspberry Chocolate Pavlova with Creme Fraiche that is totally sinful. :D

The awesome place Jie Min and Wan Ying got the really delicious pizzas from.


This was a house specialty that is simply heavenly. You can smell the herbs and button mushrooms the moment you open the box. The cheese was just oozing out and the parma ham was just so delicious! They have this sauce you can eat the pizza with and my goodness, the sauce just brings such a different taste to the pizza and it blends so well with the pizza's flavours. A total must try!


This one wasn't as nice as the house specialties but still yummy.


'


My antioxidant fruit salad made of mango, pomegranate and blueberries with a little touch of lime juice. Very healthy and I like it. :D Though it is a bit sharp.

After this Wan Ying and I went off to shop and walked around quite a bit looking at lovely awesome shops. (Found quite a few gems, I'll post about them when I have the chance to.) We wrapped up the day with dinner at Oriole (One of my favourite hangout place). We had pasta, quesadillas and sparkling wine (Moscato). I didn't book before going down.

It never crossed my mind that it would be fully booked so we ended up sitting outside which had horrible lighting thus I have no pictures to share. :D I go there all the time anyway so will post pictures of it in the future. (:

It finally feels like Christmas is here to me.

And I am totally loving it.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails