Sunday, December 27, 2009

Third day of Christmas - Bake. Grill. Cook.

I made a three course meal. (: I actually didn't plan on the dessert but I just had such a craving. Besides it felt incomplete. :D The main course was something I decided along the way actually.

Antipasta - Stuffed tomatoes
Fried garlic, mushrooms, honey baked ham, oregano, parsley, olive oil and chilli.
I added a little too much garlic though. :D




Main Course - Marinated sliced fish
Sauce: Leftover tomato seeds and flesh of the stuffed tomatoes, two green chillies, fish sauce and white grounded pepper.
I made the marinating sauce myself. (:

It was a lot of experimenting and a lot of fun. I drizzled lemon juice on the fish before marinating it to kill of any sea smell.




Dessert - Chocolate goo with orange
Chocolate, marshmallow, milk, butter, vanilla essence and mandarin orange.
It wasn't quite a mousse since I didn't have any heavy cream and neither was it fully a pudding so I had no idea what to call it so I call it "goo". (: I added quite a bit of milk to make it more runny and less thick so the consistency is like a light mousse or soft pudding. It was easy to make and incredibly lovely.

It would be even more delicious with lemon zest or orange zest when melting the chocolate and mixing everything on over low heat. (:







1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails